February 04, 2010

Day 2 "On The Cusp of Hell"

First, an update on Bones as Carl had asked in comments. He is still sick as a big dog. He started antibiotics today. I've been on the phone or at the office of our pede every day this week trying to get this under control.

He IS going to his audition on Saturday... how he sounds will be a different story. He has been home all week. I have to say, it is amusing to watch him walking around in his Scooby Do boxer briefs. The boys came home from school and found him crashed on the couch in nothing but Scooby underwear and both started to grin.

It's just that funny.

The quantity of clothing he wears is directly proportionate to the amount of clothes he wears. We hate when he's really sick... he hangs around naked wrapped in a blanket. At least he's not THAT sick.

He seems clueless about auditions and isn't worried. If he's not worried... then I need to take a deep breath. We'll know more on Saturday. The steroids are upsetting his stomach but the coughing is much less today.

As for the new eating habits:

OK, it's not that bad, but it has potential.

I think until you eliminate all this stuff from your diet, you don't realize how much you eat it. My biggest problem is how tired I am. I don't have coffee in the morning, so there is that, but I'm realizing as well, that whenever I was feeling kind of tired throughout the day, I'd grab something quick to eat. A handful of chocolate chips, a handful of popcorn, one cookie.


And I'm not doing that. I'm having to be cognizant that there are grapes in the fridge, oranges on the counter, bananas in the drain rack.

Also, this type of food does not stick with you long.

Breakfast was peach greek yogurt. I'll pass on that one. It's like eating plain yogurt with pieces of peach. I had to choke it down.

Two hours later I had all natural peanut butter on whole grain bread. An hour later a handful of grapes.

For lunch I had baby spinach with sliced up pear and cashews with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Excellent. But...

At 3:40 I had a blood sugar crash, broke out in a cold sweat and panic, as I tried to figure out what I was going to do in Publix, surrounded by food that I won't eat. The guy in front of me had a Reese's and I kept thinking how quickly it would raise my blood sugar.

I got home and had a scrambled egg and a small orange and all was right with my world.

My first big ARGH! was today when I realized the one tradition the boys and I have when their Dad is out of town or at a night meeting is going to a restaurant called Mo's. We eat for under $20 and we get a big cup of Queso, with tons of chips and we eat our meal while gorging ourselves with Queso and chips.


My husband had a meeting tonight and the boys were jumping to go to Mo's and all I kept thinking was, "I can't eat anything there!"

So I suggested a sushi place down the street that we have not been to in years and they were beside themselves. So sushi it was.

Even eating sushi rolls were a problem. They're all with white rice (I got it changed to brown) and I prefer my fish cooked... and I'm not doing fried anything. So while it was an OK dinner, I definitely missed Mo's.

I'm going to frickin' miss Mo's.

A lot.

Posted by Boudicca at February 4, 2010 05:35 PM

MO's is freaking awesome!

So is their Queso.

My sister and I go there for lunch when we do shopping.

Posted by: Quality Weenie at February 5, 2010 09:39 AM

What? no slippers with those scooby doos?
Hoping tomorrow brings good things.

Posted by: patti at February 5, 2010 10:30 AM

Thanks for the update.

Of the good things you're eating, the only one I can stand is yogurt with frozen orange juice added to it (not mixed, just scooped on top).

Posted by: Carl Brannen at February 5, 2010 08:48 PM

I miss Mo's!

Carl- Thank you for asking. I am living it and I forget that I put stuff out here and then don't follow up.

Posted by: Bou at February 5, 2010 09:37 PM